Corrosion Protection Without Cracking, Peeling or Flaking.
Provided exclusively by AZZ, GalvaBarTM is galvanized rebar with specialized thin zinc alloy coating that provides the well-known corrosion protection of zinc and the added benefit of exceptional formability. GalvaBar can be bent, twisted, or stretched after the galvanzing without cracking, peeling or flaking.
A highly automated, propietary process provides comprehensive quality assurance and significant cost efficiencies, including lower material and labor costs. With minimal exposure to the molten zinc bath, the GalvaBar production process can be applied to all grades of steel, providing a consistent coating with no risk of embrittlement. GalvaBar complies with ASTM requirements A-1094/A and A-1094M-16 for continuous hot-dip galvanized steel bars and concrete reinforcement.
Protect and Reinforce.
Processed at AZZ's facility in Catoosa, Oklahoma, GalvaBar is widely used by the Department of Transportation and the U.S. and Canadian construction and concrete industries for a wide range of applications, including steel reinforced concrete for bridge decks and highways, and precast as well as cast-in-place steel reinforced concrete structures.
GalvaBar is a sustainable material created through an environmentally friendly process free of volatile organic compounds (VOC's) and hazardous air pollutants. Its extraordinary flexibility and durability contribute to the construction of a stronger, safer world.
Call us today at (918) 379-0090 to learn more about our exciting new product!
Get more details by downloading the following information
- Frequently asked questions
- GUIDELINES FOR CONSTRUCTION PRACTICES
- Spec Data
- 3-part Spec
- CEU Tech Summary
- Structural and Corrosion Performance of Continuous Galvanized Rebar (CGR) - University of Akron - 2019
- ACI Technical Paper: Corrosion-Induced Concrete Cracking for Uncoated and Galvanized Reinforcing Bars - 2018
- Galvanized Reinforcement : Recent Developments and New Opportunities - University of New South Wales - 2018
- Corrosion Values and Economic Analysis - University of Waterloo - 2016
- Rebar life cycle cost analysis (LCCA) and life cycle assessment (LCA) - Thinkstep - 2015