RuggedSpec II Control Centers
AZZ's RuggedSpec IITM Control Centers are factory fabricated, controlled environment, electrical buildings designed to house electric relay, metering, monitoring and control equipment, including:
- Relay, Control and Metering Panels
- Monitoring Systems
- Automatic Transfer Switches
- Lighting and Distribution Panels
- Battery Systems
- UPS Systems
- Control Switchboards
- Annunciator and Alarm Panels
Operating reliably in utility distribution, transmission and switching substations, RuggedSpec II Control Centers are ruggedly designed to withstand the harshest of conditions—this protection ensures your equipment operates at peak performance and achieves the longest possible service life.
With virtually endless design options, special facades and a wide variety of construction types available to fit the needs of your project, AZZ’s walk-in enclosures feature quality components and workmanship throughout.
CONTROL CENTER FEATURES
- Pre-Engineered Designs - Meet or exceed all nationally recognized electrical and building codes: NEMA 3R, 100 PSF floor loads, 85 PSF roof loads, 125 MPH wall/wind loads; engineering time and special drawings minimized.
- Modular Construction - Standard interior widths, lengths and heights to conform to typical relay panel dimensions; enclosures are movable and configurations expandable; exterior dimensions and modules facilitate trailer transportation.
- Common Components - Core structural components designed from stock inventory— resulting cost savings allows most competitive pricing.
- Factory Built and Tested - Potential for faster construction time; reduced labor, material and installation costs; mitigates weather and security concerns; reduces trades and equipment coordination/inspection delays; utility wiring, interconnects and accessories tested after assembly; wet spray test performed prior to shipment; continuity and hi-pot testing available.
Full Line Accessories - Standard or special air conditioning, heating ventilation, pressurization, insulation; AC panel, interior fluorescent lights, switches, convenience receptacles, outdoor and emergency lights; cable tray, wireway, conduit, busway; UPS, battery, rack, DC charger, annunciator, exterior alarms; fire detection and protection; floor, wall, roof openings and reinforcing; equipment rear access panels, standard or custom doors, battery enclosures and special rooms.