Medium Voltage Switchgear
Complete power protection, monitoring and control
For reliable electrical energy distribution, AZZ’s PowerAisle II™ family of medium voltage switchgear has represented high quality, defined over 50 years of design and manufacturing experience. Rugged construction provides superior strength and durability, and all switchgear is designed to meet seismic and wind load requirements.
AZZ offers a broad variety of metal-clad switchgear designs including:
- Voltages: 5kV to 38kV
- Metal-enclosed interrupter switchgear
- Dual rated switchgear
- Automatic transfer switchgear
Custom-built for optimal performance
Designed for future expansion and for use with any manufacturer’s circuit breakers, PowerAisle II™ switchgear features removable end walls as a standard feature, along with double-walled construction between switchgear compartments for added safety and durability. Fluidized bed epoxy bus insulation provides superior dielectric and thermal characteristics, and a fully undercoated base assembly protects against corrosion and ensures long life.
Additional features and benefits include:
- Completely wired and tested at the factory prior to shipment
- Externally removable air filter boxes with back-to-back louvers
- Installation capabilities compliant to IEC 61850 standards
- In-house lab and testing capabilities