Sustainability is a built-in part of our process
Protecting steel is at the very heart of our metal coating services. Ensuring that the key element of global infrastructure lasts as long as possible is the definition of sustainability. Eliminating the need to replace fabricated steel products, galvanizing saves energy and natural resources that would be required to create and transport new steel.
By using 100% naturally occurring zinc in our hot-dip galvanizing, we are part of a wholly recyclable process that provides maintenance-free corrosion protection that lasts for decades.
- Hot-dip galvanizing contains no Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Steel is the most recycled product in the world
- Zinc and steel are 100% recyclable
- 30 percent of all zinc used comes from recycled materials
- Using hot-dip galvanized steel contributes points toward LEED® Certification
Related Featured Story
Related Case Study
The greenhouse was a perfect candidate for the use of hot-dip galvanized (HDG) steel. Since the plants grown in the greenhouse require routine watering, the tenacious, water-resistant coating that forms from the zinc patina protects the steel from the corrosive, wet environment.