- Aztec Manufacturing designs and distributes steel, iron, metal, and plastic products for the oil field industry.
- Increase in the manufacture and sale of pup joints makes Aztec one of the three largest producers in the U.S.
Galvanizing expands Aztec’s portfolio
- Aztec builds its first hot dip galvanizing plant in Crowley, Texas.
1970 - 1985
Galvanizing provides a strong base for growth
- Additional state-of-the-art galvanizing facilities are built in:
Jackson, Mississippi (1970)
Houston, Texas (1975)
Waskom, Texas (1982)
Moss Point, Mississippi (1985)
- Seeking to expand into adjacent industries, Aztec acquires Rig-A-Lite Inc., a leading manufacturer of industrial lighting for oil, gas, and other hazardous environments.
The Calvert Company becomes part of Aztec’s growth plan
- Acquisition of The Calvert Company takes Aztec into the field of electrical bus duct systems design and installation.
- By combining Atkinson, Calvert and Rig-A-Lite Inc., The Electrical Products Group is formed and Aztec moves into fabricated enclosure systems.
1994 - 1996
Expansion and consolidation spur growth
- With a total of eight galvanizing operations, Aztec establishes itself as the largest galvanizing company in the U.S.
Aztec Manufacturing is listed on the NYSE as “AZZ”
- Aztec acquires a CGIT business and becomes involved in long-distance power transmission.
Central Electric Manufacturing is added to AZZ’s portfolio
- With the acquisition of Central Electric Manufacturing, AZZ adds metal-clad switchgear to its growing electrical product portfolio.
Galvanizing operations continue to grow
- AZZ acquires North American Galvanizing Company which operates 11 facilities in eight states.
2012 - 2013
AZZ galvanizing locations to 36; Becomes the largest galvanizer in North America
- Galvcast Manufacturing, and G3 Galvanizing along with Galvan Metal of Quebec is added to the AZZ portfolio.
Nuclear solutions are added to AZZ’s service offering
- Nuclear Logistics Inc., the leading supplier of parts and services to the nuclear power industry, is acquired by AZZ.
Welding strengthens AZZ’s portfolio
- AZZ acquires Aquilex SRO; adds Welding Services Inc (WSI) and Southeastern Mechanical Service, two leading providers of machine weld overlay, to its growing portfolio.
AZZ increases galvanizing locations to 42
- AZZ acquires the six galvanizing locations of U.S. Galvanizing LLC, from Trinity Industries, and one location from Olsen Industries.
AZZ Enclosure Systems LLC is formed
- AZZ Inc. acquires Maryland-based Power Electronics Inc, strengthening its position in the fabrication of custom electrical enclosures, and forms AZZ Enclosure Systems LLC.
AZZ expands Metal Coatings Solutions
- AZZ opens first powder coating operation in Crowley, Texas and strategically expands its metal coatings product portfolio beyond galvanizing.
- Strategic acquisition expands AZZ’s switchgear portfolio, manufacturing capacity and market reach.
Enhanced Powder Coating Ltd. acquired
- AZZ Inc. acquired Enhanced Powder Coating Ltd (EPC), a NADCAP certified provider of powder coating, plating and anodizing services based in Gainesville, Texas.
AZZ Metal Coatings Locations Grows to 45
- Rogers Brothers, a leading provider of galvanizing in Northern Illinois, is acquired by AZZ.
AZZ Enclosure Systems – Chattanooga LLC is formed
- AZZ Inc. acquires certain assets of Tennessee-based Lectrus Corporation, strengthening its position in the fabrication of custom electrical enclosures, and forms AZZ Enclosure Systems – Chattanooga LLC.
Tennessee Galvanizing Inc. acquisition adds Chattanooga location
- AZZ acquires Tennessee Galvanizing Inc., in Chattanooga Tennessee.
AZZ Surface Technologies adds locations
- AZZ Surface Technologies acquires K2 Partners, Inc., NucZinc, LLC., and Preferred Industries, Ltd. expanding the number of locations in Dallas-Fort Worth to six and one in Tampa, Florida.
AZZ Divests Nuclear Logistics LLC
- AZZ Inc, seeking to focus on its core business units, sells Nuclear Logistics LLC to Paragon Energy Solutions.
Acme Galvanizing acquisition adds location in Milwaukee
- AZZ acquires Acme Galvanizing, Inc., along with their well-established metal coatings operation, to form AZZ Galvanizing and Plating-Milwaukee.